2 & 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
16 Tbsp butter
1 c. packed light brown sugar (or for those of us overseas, sugar with molasses added in)
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. extra crunchy peanut butter (Skippy is awesome!)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 lg. eggs
1 c. dry-roasted salted peanuts, ground fine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- In another large bowl, beat butter & sugars together w/ an electric mixer @ medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-6 minutes. Then incorporate the PB, then add the vanilla, then the eggs, scraping down the beaters and bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low, incorporate the flour mixture until combined. Then add ground peanuts.
- Use 3 Tbsp of dough at a time, roll into balls, and place on parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Make a crosshatch design on the top of each cookie, with a fork. ***see note below*** Bake until the edges are golden and the centers have puffed up and are beginning to deflate, 10-12 minutes. Rotate halfway through baking.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm, or cool on wire racks.
*** At that point in the recipe, cookies can be frozen for several months, and pulled out to bake as desired. The cookie dough is tasty too. :)