These muffins are SO tasty, very moist, and definitely a family favorite of ours. Not to mention they are super easy. I often double or triple this recipe. This recipe can also be the basis of many stir-in muffin recipes... add in fruit, like peaches, blueberries, or bananas.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper cups.
- In large bowl, mix:
3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- In medium bowl, whisk together:
2 large eggs, beaten
1 & 1/2 c. lowfat plain yogurt (I rarely buy lowfat, as the kids need full-fat, so I use normal yogurt, and this comes out fine)
- Gently mix the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, until combined.
- Fold in melted butter.
- Fill muffin cups roughly 2/3 full, then put into oven.
- Bake until golden, roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan a few minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
These are great warm, and very, very delicious cooled, or served the next day (don't bother refrigerating them, just put in a sealed container on the counter). Enjoy!