1 cup + 1 Tbsp warm (not hot) water
2 & 3/4 cups bread flour (all-purpose works OK too)
2 Tbsp dry milk
3 Tbsp sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter/margarine, cut into 4 pieces (total)
2 tsp active dry yeast
- Add water to the pan.
- Then add dry ingredients, except yeast, to the pan. Tap bread pan to settle ingredients, then level with spoon or spatula, pushing some of the mixture into the corners.
- Make 4 little "wells" on each corner of the pan, and place 1 piece of butter or margarine in each well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add yeast.
- Lock pan into bread maker and set for regular (Basic/Specialty) cycle. Choose desired bread color.
- Remove from pan when ready and let cool on metal rack.
It is easy to make up 5-10 baggies of this bread mix at a time, and then just add your water, butter, and yeast to the pan when you're ready to bake bread.