~ 8 oz. finely shredded mozzerella
~ 8 oz. sliced mozzerella
~ 3 eggs
~ 8-12 oz. spaghetti noodles
~ parmesan cheese, as desired
~ 1 lb. beef
~ * 16 oz. tomato paste
~ * Basil
~ * Oregano
~ * Garlic Salt
~ * Sugar
~ * Water
* Can strike these ingredients if you just want to use approximately 20 ounces of canned spaghetti sauce.
Preheat oven to 375. Boil noodles according to directions on package. Cook beef until browned.
While those things are cooking, get a separate large mixing bowl. Take tomato paste and add enough water to make smooth, like a spaghetti sauce, approximately 1/2- 1 cup. Add basil, oregano, and garlic salt to taste (I like it with more oregano than garlic salt or basil, and more garlic salt than basil.). Add approximately 1 tbsp (up to 2 tbsp) of sugar (again, to taste). Once beef is browned, mix beef into this spaghetti sauce mixture.
In smaller mixing bowl, beat 3 eggs. Combine with finely shredded mozzerella. If desired, add in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese as well. Mix together.
Once everything is cooked and ready, layer the lasagne in the following order:
1) spoon small amount of meat sauce mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 baking dish, just to lightly wet the bottom.
2) 1/2 of pasta noodles, smoothed out
3) 1/3 of sliced mozzerella, spread out across the dish (it will not cover the noodles)
4) 1/2 of meat sauce mixture
5) other 1/2 of pasta noodles
6) spoon and smooth all of the shredded cheese mixture out over the noodles.
7) other 1/2 of meat sauce mixture
8) top the whole thing with the remaining sliced mozzerella, and (if desired) sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
Cook uncovered in 375 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.