1. Melt 2 TBSP butter/margarine over low heat.
2. Add in one of the following:
- (this is my favorite) Good Seasons' Garlic & Herb seasoning packet
- one Hidden Valley Ranch packet
- condensed soup seasoning packet
- 2 TBSP flour with at least 1 tsp of desired seasoning (rosemary, garlic, oregano, etc.) + salt & pepper to taste all mixed together
4. Pour in 12-16 oz. (300-500g) milk
5. Add 8 oz. whipping cream (optional)
6. Melt in 2-4 oz. cheese if desired (any flavor- monterey jack, mozzerella, cheddar, hot pepper jack, it's all good!)
7. Bring to low boil. As it boils, it will begin to thicken. After 1-2 minutes of boiling (you should be able to visually see it thickening), remove from heat and set aside.
Now you can pour it over cooked pasta, use it in a casserole, or use as desired.