Monday, December 16, 2013

My FAVORITE Most-Used Knife EVER

It's a 7-inch hollow-edge Santoku knife. Santoku is just a fancy word for Chef's knife that has a brilliant edge but lays flat to the board (rather than curving). It has become my go-to knife for pretty much everything.

Sturdy enough to cut through something hard like acorn squash, but light enough to slice onions, thin-slice potatoes, chop garlic… it holds up to whatever you put it through, and keeps chopping beautifully. I love the weight and feel of this Wusthof. It's a touch pricey, but for a gal like me who's in the kitchen multiple times a day cooking for a hungry crew, the cost per use is pennies, even in just one year's time. I got mine over two years ago and it's still going strong, and is absolutely my favorite knife in the world. I highly recommend it!

Amazon sells it in this lovely set:
Wusthof Classic 2-Piece Asian Santoku and Paring Knife Set

No comments: