Louisiana Chicken Pasta: SERVES 5 -7
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3/4 small onion (chopped)
- 3 whole garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pints whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth (used 1 c. water + 1 chicken boullion cube)
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used 1/4 c. since it's expensive here)
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta (I used penne)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced) (optional)
- Start your water boiling as you start making the sauce... and cook pasta like normal.
- At the same time, let your breaded chicken breasts (thin-cut if possible to be most authentic) cook in the oven until crispy.
- On stovetop, for sauce: melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms if desired, and onion to same skillet,until crisp-tender, about 4 minute.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and chicken stock.
- Simmer until sauce re-heats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer; sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Serve pasta generously covered with sauce and peppers, place thin-cut breaded chicken on top and eat! DELICIOUS!
*** Note: If you want to make your own chicken breasts to use for this recipe, there are instructions in the recipe linked, or you can see my recipe here and bread with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs with whatever spices you desire.