Dill Potato Salad
- 5 pounds smallish new-potato style potatoes
- 4-8 ounces cream cheese (this is optional, if you don't want it, add a bit more mayo and sour cream to make up for it)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain yogurt
- 5-6 green onions, chopped (both whites & greens chopped finely)
- roughly 1/2 cup of fresh chopped dill (I just chop up one bunch-- but not stems)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- Garlic, garlic salt, & salt to taste
1. Get potatoes that have only a very thin edible skin(cause the skin stays on for these). Clean em. Cut them into roughly 1 inch chunks (it can be slightly less or more... this is not an exact science). Cover them with water & boil for 15-20 minutes, until a fork can go through the potato, but NOT until they are fall-apart soft. Then remove from heat, drain in a pasta strainer, and let cool.
2. Return to pot or a large serving bowl. Dump in all other ingredients and stir. Be sure to add enough salt... the taste of this potato salad has to have enough salt to really be appreciated.
OH me oh my, this potato salad is the only kind I've ever liked- and I don't just like it; I love it! Hopefully you will too.